We have now developed hundreds of websites, many of them complex online applications. We have developed our own interactive platform for self-managed websites, called virtualCMS.
21 Feb 2013 · Holidays commence in 24 hours
The Virtual Creations office will be closed from Saturday February 23rd to Sunday March 3rd. No development will be undertaken during this period. Full 24/7 email and telephone support will continue to be available. more...
24 Jan 2013 · Alternative email addresses required
So that we can better communicate with you in the event of a service outage, could you please email us your best contact email address that is NOT managed by Virtual Creations. more...
2 Jan 2013 · Advance notice: Server upgrades
On March 14th 2013, Virtual creations will be upgrading PHP and MySQL on all our servers. Please contact your website developer to ensure that your website application is compatible with these new versions. more...
28 Apr 2012 · Softaculous Has Arrived!
Virtual Creations has just replaced Fantastico with Softaculous on all our servers. Softaculous is a cPanel software auto-installer system, which can install any one of 264 software packages onto your hosting account/website with one click! more...
A virtualCMS website can, of course, be customised to whatever your needs may be. Here are a few modules that are already developed and deployed in our client's websites, which are ready to be inserted into your own website.
- Shopping cart. We offer a full eCommerce solution, with secure (SSL) payments direct into your bank account. Features include product options and variations, voucher discounts, postage calculator, multiple payment methods, and the ability to remember customer details for future logins. Read more
- Event calendar. Keep your visitors informed of the latest happenings in your organisation. Events can be displayed in calendar format, list format, RSS, or in point form on your home page. With each event, you can select who can see it - all site visitors, or only website members/subscribers/customers/etc. As events are created, they can be automatically emailed to subscribers, members, customers, etc. You can even track the attendance of your members, customers or employees at these events.
- Products. Create a database of products online, with photos, categories, wholesale prices, discount prices, options - all tailored to the exact needs of your business.
- Google Maps. Provide online (Google) maps of any aspect of your business: Retail outlets, members, customers, etc. Each map can contain one address (example is here) or several (example is here). Map pinpoints can contains text, logos, photographs, etc.
- Retail Outlets. Maintain a searchable database of all your retail outlets, with maps.
- Newsletters. Most organisations these days like to offer an email newsletter to their customers, subscribers, suppliers, etc. With a virtualCMS website, you can maintain several newsletters, all archived on your site, and send them to any combination of subscribers, customers, or individuals you choose.
- Subscribers. Allow people to subscribe to your newsletters from your home page.
- Suppliers. Keep a database of your suppliers. Allow them to log into a private area of your website.
- Courses and Dates. Do you offer courses? With a virtualCMS website, you can allow people to register for classes, download class details, and see which classes are already full. You can allocate trainers, rooms and resources to your classes.
- Contact Form or Request for information form. Have interested visitors send you their details without ever revealing your email address.
- Photo Gallery. Store as many photos as you like on your own website, in custom galleries/albums that you create yourself, visible either to all site visitors or to the site members that you specify. A thumbnail version of each image is created automatically. Slideshows can be created automatically, and selected photos can be randomly shown on your home page.
- FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions). Save annoying phone calls - present your site visitor with a list of frequently asked questions.
- News/Bulletin Board. A website that doesn't show regular news items on its home page is unlikely to attract return visitors. Each news item can include attachments and links to other sites, and can be restricted to logged-in members if necessary. As news items are created, they can be automatically emailed to subscribers, members, customers, etc.
- Classifieds. Allow your members, or the general public, to buy and sell on your site.
- Member database or searchable Member directory, with photos, birthday reminders, automatic subscription to the mailing list, etc.
- Downloads area. Store files that you want to share with or sell to others.
- Resources (recommended reading, etc). Link to books, websites, movies etc. Include your own reviews and photos.
- Random quotes/testimonials. Show a randomly selected quote or testimonial on every page on your site.