Upgrades all round
It's a new year, and to celebrate Virtual Creations are upgrading the hosting packages of all customers who host their websites with Virtual Creations. We are also proud to announce the upgrade/redevelopment of our own website (see below).
But first, here are the details of the new hosting upgrades:
- All customers on our Virtual Gold package have their disk space allocation increased from 250Meg to 1,000Meg, and their monthly bandwidth allocation increased from 2,500Meg to 10,000Meg. (** see below for possible cost savings)
- All customers on our Virtual Starter package have their disk space allocation increased from 100Meg to 300Meg, and their monthly bandwidth allocation increased from 1,000Meg to 3,000Meg. (** see below for possible cost savings)
- All customers on our Virtual Email (email-only) package have their disk space allocation increased from 20Meg to 100Meg, and their monthly bandwidth allocation increased from 200Meg to 1,000Meg. (** see below for possible cost savings)
- All our servers now support Microsoft FrontPage extensions (again)
- PHP versions 4 and 5 are now both supported on all our servers
- Several PHP functions that had been disabled (such as exec and phpinfo) have now been re-enabled
** If you have been paying a premium price in order to get increased disk space and/or bandwidth, it is likely that you will no longer have to pay this extra price. You will simply pay the standard hosting rates. If this applies to you, we will contact you shortly with the new price you pay. If you do not get an email from us within one week, please contact us.
Now content can be maintained on a Mac
If your website was developed by Virtual Creations, and that website can be maintained by you using our content-management system (virtualCMS), then the pages and other content of your site can now be updated on a Mac, using either Safari or Firefox. You no longer have to deal with the ugly HTML language. Windows users will continue to enjoy this ability.
New Virtual Creations website
The Virtual Creations website has been given a major overhaul. As well as a full graphic redesign, we have begun integrating a new customer support system into the site. As we add news announcements to the site (such as this one), you will receive them via email. If you're interested, the new site was developed using our very own virtualCMS content-management system. Check out the new site here.
- We will shortly be going live with our new billing and support system. Customers will be able to purchase new hosting packages, pay for them online and have their accounts live and working instantly. Invoices will be raised automatically and can be paid online. Customers will be able to log into our site and check their account details (hosting, domain names, usernames, passwords, etc) update their contact details, and opt into (or out of) announcements such as these.
- We will have new Australian servers online shortly, at which time we will be offering customers a choice of where they would like their site physically located: Australia, North America, or England.
If you have any questions about any of this, please contact us.